Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Write the body first

So far I am really enjoying this English class more than I thought I would. Professor Marchant is interesting to listen to and explains thing in such a way that they are easy to understand. I especially liked the point he made today that it is better to write the body of your essay first then focus on structure. I have never had an English teacher have us do it that way before. They would always have us work on our outline first at which point I would just go into a blank stare and not really get much done until I started to work on the body. The last time I took an English class was before the days of word processing software so maybe that is why they taught structure first since it was harder to move sentences and paragraphs around back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment